The British Dental Health Foundation advise the following on the correct methods to use when brushing your teeth:
– Place the head of your toothbrush against your teeth, then tilt the bristle tips to a 45 degree angle against the gum line. Move the brush in small circular movements, several times, on all the surfaces of every tooth.
– Brush the outer surfaces of each tooth, upper and lower, keeping the bristles angled against the gum line.
– Use the same method on the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
– Brush the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
– To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several small circular strokes with the toe (the front part) of the brush.
– Brushing your tongue will freshen your breath and clean your mouth by removing bacteria.